Finding the right attorney can be a daunting and overwhelming task. When it comes to legal matters, you want an experienced professional who is knowledgeable and trustworthy. Whether you are seeking help with estate planning, a divorce, or another matter, here are five tips to keep in mind before you hire an attorney such as Ross Ziev, P.C.
Find the Right Attorney for Your Needs
- Do your research – Before hiring an attorney, you should research different attorneys and law firms that specialize in the type of law that pertains to your case. Look up their credentials and read reviews from past clients. You can also ask friends and family if they have any recommendations for attorneys they have worked with in the past.
- Ask questions – Once you’ve identified potential attorneys for your case, it’s important to ask them questions about their experience and success rates with similar cases. It’s also important to ask about how their fees work and if they offer payment plans or other alternatives if necessary.
- Meet in person – Don’t hesitate to set up a meeting with an attorney before making a decision on who will represent you. This gives you an opportunity to get a better feel of how the attorney works and interacts with clients as well as pick up on any red flags regarding their character or qualifications that may not have been apparent over the phone or through email exchanges prior to meeting face-to-face.
- Read the contract – Make sure that all promises made by the lawyer during conversations, email exchanges, etc., are included in the written contract between both parties prior to signing anything off on officially retaining them as your counsel. Also, take note of any additional fees associated with representation such as filing fees or court costs that may not have been discussed earlier – these should also be outlined in writing so there are no discrepancies down the line when it comes time for payment(s).
- Trust your gut – Ultimately, this is one of the most important factors when choosing an attorney for your case; trust your instincts! If something feels “off” about any particular lawyer or firm after doing due diligence on them then it might be best to move on rather than risk committing yourself (and money) to something you don’t feel comfortable with long-term.
In the end
Hiring an attorney is never easy but following these five tips will help ensure that the process runs more smoothly and that you find someone who is qualified and trustworthy enough for your legal needs—and ultimately give you peace of mind knowing that you are being represented by someone who has both knowledge and expertise in their field! That said, remember always do your due diligence when researching potential attorneys so that at least you know all of your options before making a final decision on whom will represent your interests going forward. Good luck!